The staff of WTA Architects joins in celebration with Grace A. Dow Memorial Library located in Midland, Michigan on the successful completion of their library renovations. It was a pleasure working with the library staff and assisting in the design of the new space!
The Grace A. Dow Memorial Library received a grant in October, 2012 from the Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow Foundation for $3 million to fund interior and infrastructure improvements. The grant celebrates the 75th Anniversary of the Foundation and its founder Mrs. Grace A. Dow.
The interior design colors are based on the color palette of Alden B. Dow, the architect for the original library building, opened in 1955.
The New Look Includes:
- • Redesigned lobby including patron self checkout stations
- • Heating and cooling system updates
- • Expanded and accessible restrooms in the Auditorium, Lobby and Community Room
- • Added family restroom on the first floor
- • Carpeting, furniture and signage
- • Painting, woodwork refinishing and window treatments
- • Lighting updates in the Quiet Room and Reference Area