The Clinton County Courthouse was designed to fit into the historic downtown of St. Johns. A strong desire by the community to enhance their downtown led to a design that is reflective of the late 1800’s buildings lining Clinton Avenue on axis with the main entrance of the courthouse.
All county functions were brought together under one roof after many years occupying varied locations. The City of St. Johns also occupies a portion of the 114,000 square foot building.
Public departments occupy the lower floors. Courts are on the upper two floors. Security screening occurs before the public enters elevators to the court floors. A 911/Central Dispatch Center is located on the lower floor with access through a walled courtyard.