The former Harbor Springs City Hall was constructed in 1886 to serve as the Emmet County Seat. Exterior restoration included removal of stucco that had been applied to the building, returning it to its original appearance.
Complete restoration of the interior and building systems was also completed. The 'new' building houses the Harbor Springs Area Historical Museum. A small addition provides handicapped access, a new elevator and stairway.
Recipient of a Michigan Historic Preservation Network 2009 Building Award.