Portfolio Category: Historic

Harbor Springs Museum

The former Harbor Springs City Hall was constructed in 1886 to serve as the Emmet County Seat. Exterior restoration included removal of stucco that had been applied to the building, returning it to its original appearance. Complete restoration of the interior and building systems was also completed. The 'new' building houses the Harbor Springs Area…
Read more

Michigan State Capitol

Serving as the Implementing Architect for restoration of the Michigan State Capitol, our architectural staff provided designs for the House Chamber, House Offices, Upper Corridors, Rotunda, Interior Fire Escapes and Public Toilet Rooms. The restoration included returning the Capitol to its original grandeur while meeting modern day functional needs and code requirements. The restoration integrated…
Read more

Hoyt Library

Historic Hoyt Library located in Saginaw, Michigan, was rehabilitated in a way that carefully preserved the original architecture of the building while accommodating contemporary library function. New mechanical and electrical systems were carefully concealed and modern technology was provided throughout the building. Interior detailing finishes and colors were designed to complement the historic architecture yet…
Read more

Onaway Courthouse

The Onaway Courthouse, also known as the Presque Isle County Courthouse, was built in 1903. It was designed to serve as a courthouse in the hopes of changing the county seat to Onaway, but was never used as such. The three-level structure was constructed of masonry block and fieldstone. It was designated as a Michigan…
Read more