Jackson City Hall
Designed in the Art Deco Style popular at the time, this fourteen story building was originally constructed as a bank building in 1927. In the early 1990s, the City of Jackson began using the building as a City Hall.
Realizing the need for a more efficient, functional facility, the city contracted with WTA Architects in 2002 to complete a study of several downtown buildings. The feasibility study resulted in a recommendation to extensively renovate the interior and restore the exterior of the 51,000 square foot building. Voters supported the decision by approving a bond issue to fund the project. Once all departments were temporarily housed in other locations, the renovation project began. The interior underwent major renovations, creating open, more efficient, flexible spaces. New service counters were designed and systems furniture specified to create optimal function for each department. All services were upgraded and equipped with modern HVAC systems, new electrical systems, and state of the art technology.
The structure received a new roof and energy efficient windows. The terra cotta, limestone, and brick masonry was cleaned, tuckpointed, and repaired.
The revitalized City Hall now provides a pleasant environment all community members can enjoy.
Client | City of Jackson
Completion | 2005
Renovated Space | 51,000 s.f.