Harvey E. Kern Pavilion
The pavilion in Frankenmuth’s Heritage
Park was designed to meet the needs of
the community for housing indoor sporting activities, winter skating, ice hockey, festivals, trade shows, and other large special events. The 184’ x 153’ clear span building is owned by the City of Frankenmuth and operated by the Parks and Recreation Department.
The pavilion and new Bavarian themed entrance structure was an addition to the existing park restroom structure. Since the entire festival area is within a MDEQ 100 year floodway, the new pavilion is designed to accommodate an overflowing Cass River across and through the entire structure.
Important facts include seating capacity of 3500 for concerts and 1800 for banquets. There is a trade show capacity of 170 -
8 x 10 booths.
Client | City of Frankenmuth
- A Frankenmuth Rotary Club Centennial Project
Completion Date | 2005