Lawrence L. Riley, AIA
[Jan. 27, 1951 - Feb. 24, 2016]
WTA Architects is deeply saddened to announce that Lawrence L. Riley, AIA, a former partner in the firm and Vice President in Charge of Construction Administration has passed away. He is survived by his wife, Connie, their four children and five grandchildren. Larry joined the firm in 1977, became a Registered Architect in 1986 and a partner in 1993. He oversaw many of the firm's projects including Michigan Catholic Conference, Clinton County Courthouse and St. Joseph County Courthouse. Locally, he was responsible for projects for Delta College, Saginaw Valley State University, Peace Lutheran School, Saginaw Art Museum, Saginaw Schools, Hemlock Semiconductor Corporation, the Islamic Center of Saginaw, Michigan State Police and McLaren Bay Region. He was well liked and respected by clients, staff suppliers and contractors.
Larry was a member of the American Institute of Architects, AIA Michigan and the Saginaw Valley Chapter AIA. His commitment to the community was evidenced as he and his partners invested in the Jefferson One Building in downtown Saginaw.
Larry was an avid golfer, enjoyed vacationing with his family at Higgins Lake, and was known for his extensive Christmas lighting display, lighting up his neighborhood in a manner that would make 'Clark Griswold' proud!
He will be greatly missed.